Since Jean returned to Mushapo, after his holiday in Kinshasa, he had difficulties with the email connection, which is why this report is a bit later than normal. On September 7 at 7:30 am the primary school started with 198 boys and 212 girls, a total of 410 pupils. At 12:30 pm the high school started with 21 boys and 13 girls, a total of 34 students. Not all had returned yet from where they went during their holidays as in the countryside they travel by foot which takes a long time.
All teachers received their own Service Card with photo which is a big help to them as it is an official card from our ADH Congo School. Jos helped us to prepare those and
Anissa’s former school in Kinshasa printed and plasticized them.
Our school director and 2 teachers received further training in Kamonia, organized by the Ministry of Education.
On the construction Jean gives the following report:
- The water tank is finished and waits for the new rainy season.
Walls of third school building going up.The cement floors of school building 1 and 2 are finished, the 3rd building is still under construction.
- Health Center: the roof with wooden support is done and the foundation got started.
- School toilets: roofs with wooden supports are done for all 3 toilets.
- Third school building: the walls are up to the level of the windows.
- Transport of gravel: For the remaining cement floors and the foundation of the health center we need more gravel and will pay local Mamas for this work.
After Wolfgang’s father had passed on, his mother wanted to go and be with him. Three weeks later, her time had come. She had no more strength left and didn’t want to live anymore. Thus the last wish after their 75 years together got fulfilled – that when one goes, the other can soon follow. They will be missed by many people, but we can all be thankful for how long they lived so well.
Thank you for all your support for keeping the school and the different construction work running. We couldn’t do it without your help and wish you a beautiful autumn.